Get the best BANG for your BUCK……
Bore Tech is proud to introduce, the new Bore Tech V-STIX™ cleaning rod line. The new V-STIX™ cleaning rods are packed with all the features, quality and performance that you have come to expect from Bore Tech. All Bore Tech V-STIX™ feature:
- An ergonomically designed, free floating ball bearing handle
- An extremely durable, long lasting high performance coating
- A caliber specific color coded handle
- A barrel safe brass tip
The V-STIX™ ergonomically designed ball bearing handle is color coded to provide quick and easy caliber recognition. The advanced handle design is large enough to fit your hand but small enough not to interfere with a rifle stock.
All V-STIX™ have a barrel safe brass tip that eliminates the need for additional adapters when changing between jags and brushes.
In addition, all V-STIX™ utilize an enhanced steel core resulting in a rigid rod that minimizes bow and flex. The steel core is coated with a high performance, uniform covering that is extremely chemically resistant and durable. The coating does not soften allowing bore debris to embed and does not peel or scratch.
All these features and legendary Bore Tech quality packaged into an affordable rod……. Now there’s a winner.
Use of A Bore Tech BORE GUIDE/PATCH GUIDE™ Is Strongly Recommended To Protect Your V-STIX™ And Rifle
All rod lengths listed are the “Working Length” of the rod only. These measurements DO NOT include the length of the handle. For rod overall length (OAL), add 5.5” to the rod’s Working Length
How To Determine The Correct V-STIX™ Cleaning Rod Length for Your Application
The steps below will assist you in determining the correct rod length for your application, including the use of a BORE GUIDE/PATCH GUIDE™.
1) If your firearm has a high cheek piece that will interfere with a rod handle during cleaning or you do not want your rod handle to travel over your stock,
measure the overall length (OAL) of your firearm in inches. This measurement plus a few inches is the recommended rod length.
Sizing Tip: Be sure to add a few inches to the rod length to compensate for a tight patch/brush exiting the muzzle. This will prevent the handle from bumping into the stock.
Firearm OAL + 2 to 3 inches = Recommended Cleaning Rod Length
If this is not the case proceed to Step 2.
2) Measure your barrel length only. Do not include action length in this measurement.
3) Next, if you already have a Bore/Patch Guide measure the length of the guide.
Note: Different Manufactures Guides Vary In Length.
Bore Tech BORE GUIDES Are: 13.75”
Bore Tech PATCH GUIDES™ Are: 16.50”
Bore Tech PATCH GUIDE PLUS™ Are: 12.5”
4) The recommend rod length is calculated by adding the measurements from Step 2 and Step 3 together. (Barrel Length + Your Bore/Patch Guide Length) This measurement plus a few inches is the recommended rod length.
Sizing Tip: Be sure to add a few inches to the rod length to compensate for a tight patch/brush exiting the muzzle. This will prevent the handle from bumping into the back of your Bore/Patch Guide.
Barrel Length + BORE/PATCH GUIDE Length + 2 to 3 inches = Recommended Cleaning Rod Length
Vendor: Bore Tech
Type: Rifle Cleaning Products